Landscaping to Improve Your Home
August 17, 2016
Landscaping Tips to Improve Your Home
Your home is your space and your domain. You should enjoy it! Customise it according to your taste and make sure that it reflects the values, personalities and creativity of the family. In this way, you will truly make your home your castle. Landscaping to improve your home is a great idea, but don’t just do it for curb appeal. Do it to improve the quality of your home life, and you will find that it’s much easier to maintain and enjoy. If you’re landscaping to improve your home, you will certainly benefit from hiring a professional, qualified landscaper. Below are a few things every gorgeous landscape needs:
- Trees – there are many great benefits to installing a few trees in your garden. First and foremost, they provide green leafy appeal. Secondly, they’re great for providing a shady spot to relax in. With the right lighting, you can even turn your trees into a great focal point.
- Indigenous plants – yes, exotic plants might look great and grab attention, but they’re going to require more time and attention in order to flourish and thrive in your garden. Planting indigenous plants that are well suited to your garden is a great way to ensure that you enjoy a great garden all year-round, without having to labour too hard to keep it looking good.
- Outdoor lighting – there’s a lot that you can do with lighting in the garden. Whether you opt for pretty, solar-powered fairy lights for a soft effect or opt for coloured spot lights on your garden décor pieces, you cannot go wrong. Decide what type of appeal you are looking for and your landscaper will be able to design just the right lighting for you.
- Fencing – they are not only functional in keeping pets out of those pretty flower beds, but fences can also look decorative. You can create separate garden areas with white picket fences or lattices – they look great!
- Walkways and pathways – these are also functional and decorative. You can keep the kids and pets from leaving trace pathways in the lawn with a nice garden path. If you use a combination of paving stones and decorative gravel, you can really get creative. Add a few pot-plants or pretty coloured flowers in garden beds alongside your paths and already your garden becomes more aesthetically appealing.
- Retaining walls – these might seem purely functional, as they deter soil erosion, but they don’t have to be! While they are good for keeping soil and the vegetation in their place, they can also provide a pretty focal point. By installing a selection of pretty coloured flowers and plants, you can transform your bland retaining wall into something worth looking at.
Like these landscaping tips for improving your home? At EarthLinks Landscaping, we have many more for you. Chat to Esli and her team at EarthLinks Landscaping in Gauteng, and prepare to transform your garden into a gorgeous oasis for you and your family to enjoy. For more information and advice on landscaping to improve your home, contact us via email or telephone today.