Landscaping for Small Yards
August 17, 2016
Make the Most of Your Small Yard with the Help of EarthLinks Landscaping
Have a small- or awkward-sized yard? There’s no reason why it can’t become the place-to-be! Hiring a professional to assist you with landscaping your small yards is a great way to ensure that your small garden space is transformed into a place where you want to spend all of your time. One that’s enjoyed by you, your family and friends. Below are a few tips and tricks that our landscaping company can assist you with, in order to make the most of your small yard:
- Designated areas – small yards can be quite functional and pretty if you take the time to break things up. Our team can create areas for mingling, relaxing, dining, braaing and similar, by installing plants, features and furniture in the right places.
- Clever lighting strategy – how light enters your yard can really affect how big or small it looks. An overgrown, shady garden will look far smaller than one that gets a bit of sun and has a good position. Artificial lighting for night time also needs to be smart. Brighten up areas with bright lighting and soften the appeal in social areas with fairy lighting or solar lanterns. Our professional landscaping team will know just which plants deserve the most night time attention too!
- Build up – our team can help you to make the most of the space that you have available by building things up, instead of spreading things out. Hanging plants and containers can do wonders for freeing up your actual lawn space.
- Colour is important – you might be tempted to include a multitude of colours for a pretty aesthetic appeal in your small yard, but that could make things look too busy and cluttered. Opt for plants with cool colours, such as blues and purples, as this can create a more spacious appeal. Our professional landscapers can help you to select plants that create a more open, expansive look.
- Rock gardens or potted plants – small yards don’t offer much space for garden beds and elaborate features. Our landscapers can still create interest by incorporating small rock gardens and potted plants.
- Capitalise on the effect of a water feature – a small yard can be a tranquil zone with fewer furnishings and plants taking up space, if you include a water feature. We can design and install the ideal water feature for you. We can also implement garden paths and paving around the water feature, if you want less lawn to maintain.
At EarthLinks Landscaping, we often work on transforming small yards and garden spaces. We have the expertise and creative flair required to truly convert your space into an area of the home that will become much loved by all family members. We strongly advise that you take some time to browse through the images of our completed projects on our website. Here you will get a better idea of the type of garden spaces that we can create.
We are always available to provide professional advice and pay a visit to your property, so that we can draw up a quotation along with 2D and 3D representations of what to expect. Want to learn more about our services for landscaping small yards? Contact us via email or telephone at EarthLinks Landscaping today.