Linking a Passion for Nature to Garden Landscaping
November 26, 2019
South Africans love the outdoors and all sorts of outdoor activities. They are also really fond of simply relaxing in their private outdoor spaces, doing almost nothing and not necessarily being active, but simply enjoying this country’s fabulous fine weather, the greenery surrounding them, and fresh, clean outdoor air.
Clearly, South Africans love their gardens, particularly if the garden has been beautifully laid out by a talented and professional landscaping architect and a committed, creative outdoor artist like Esli Kietzmann, the founder and owner of EarthLinks Landscaping.
Esli qualified as a landscaping architect in 1998. Thereafter, she worked and gained additional experience in her specialised professional field for a few years before establishing her own concern in 2001. The company is based in Fourways, towards the northern side of Johannesburg.
The company name, EarthLinks Landscaping, indicates the synergy and link between Esli’s passion for nature and the elements that she utilises to capture splendour in the gardens and outdoor spaces of her clients in Gauteng. Some of the areas in which Esli creates bespoke garden designs with a natural balance and beauty include Bedfordview, Edenvale, Johannesburg, Sandton, Randburg, Roodepoort, Midrand, and Irene.
- Balcony and roof gardens – principally determined by the view, taking into account shade requirements, space, the need for screen planting, and types of pots and/or bespoke/built-in planters. Floor covering options include Astroturf, timber decking, or rounded pea gravel.
- Boma and fire pits – a variety of design options, creating a focal point and cosy place to gather and relax in smaller or large outdoor areas.
- Child-friendly features – stimulating play and imagination in a healthy outdoor environment.
- Commercial and corporate – turnkey design and innovative landscaping to enhance corporate image and attract commercial customers.
- Entertainment and culinary areas – an inviting space to extend the home and hospitality, making the most of South Africa’s amazing climate.
- Herb and vegetable gardens – Esli’s designs transform these areas, incorporating them into attractive and interesting focal features, which deliver almost all your freshly picked ingredients directly to your kitchen.
- Irrigation – optimal placement and flow.
- Pathways – always tempting one to follow to who knows where.
- Pots and planters – soften angles and add texture and colour, converting a plain, boring area into an interesting, inviting space.
- Quiet and relaxing seating areas – great for the mind, body, and spirit in secluded outdoor comfort and convenience.
- Trellises and archways – beautiful introduction to a pathway or mounted against a wall to accommodate creepers, climbing plants, or pots and compact planters.
If you would like your garden to become a living, growing sanctuary that enhances your lifestyle and love of the outdoors, contact Esli at EarthLinks Landscaping. She is passionate about and committed to creating the outdoor elements that perfect your property, as she always aims to satisfy her clients’ expectations.